Raising Energy For Magical Workings
Energy is essential to magic, Energy is magic (well, the manipulation thereof). The number one reason why many spells and rituals fail is because the practitioner does not know how to properly raise, direct, and release energy to accomplish a goal. This is also the number one reason why nearly every skeptic who tries out a spell or two come the conclusion that magic is hogwash.
There are many ways to raise energy such as drumming, chanting, ritual dance, etc. The following is one of many simple techniques to raise energy.
1. Breathe deeply, through your nose as well as through your mouth.
2. Stand comfortably and get a sense of energy flowing into your through your feet, coming in with your breath, pouring into you from above.
3. Focus your mind on your power to do magic. Say to yourself and think in your mind: “My power” with every breath.
4. If you can feel any physical signs such as pains and pressures in your body or head as you do this, take some time to breathe into those areas and make those disturbances flow away. Concentrate only on your power to do magic.
5. When you are tingling all over, bright aware and bursting with energy, feeling electric, you’re ready to go.
Once the energy has been raised via w/e technique the sorcerer must now direct that energy towards their desired goal. This is easily accomplished. Simply visualize your end result. Get a mental picture of what you’re doing the spell for. Picture that new job, visualize yourself holding a new lover, see yourself healed, etc. Make the mental picture as strong as possible. Try your best to make it seem, in your mind, as if it already has come to pass.
Now that the energy has been directed it’s time to release it. Simply take all that bottled energy you’ve stored in yourself and your ritual space and picture it flowing out of your person like a rushing river. Feel the energy leaving you, draining from you. See it going out into the universe to accomplish your goal.
The above is just one of many various techniques to manipulate (raise, direct, and release) energy to achieve a desired result (magic). It’s simple yet effective and great for beginners to get a foothold in the occult.